9.12.2012

Travel Top 5: Boston, Massachusetts


I am totally kicking myself that I have had friends and family living in/around Boston for YEARS and this is the first time I've ever made it to the bean.

Not only was it amazing to see and catch up with some of my favorite people, but the city's old-style architecture and wicked accents completely pulled me in, adding yet another spot to my never-ending list of awesome places I would love to visit again.

While it doesn't quite compare to the real England, I do have to say there is quite a few things about this slice of New England that has me yearning to come back for more...

Best Landmark: Fenway Park


Although I'm not a huge Red Sox fan, Fenway was at the top of my list of places to see simply due to the fact that it is one of the two classic Major League Baseball stadiums in the world. I'm spoiled in seeing the history of Wrigley every time I visit friends over in Wrigleyville and knew my Boston sports-fanatic family would give me major shit if I didn't make it over to see the Green Monster in all its glory.

Most Awe-Inspiring: Old-Style Architecture

 
  

Founded in 1630, Boston is one of America's oldest cities and has the architecture to match. Unlike Chicago, Boston didn't lose all of the beauty of its old architecture thanks to a huge fire and sometimes I felt like I was wandering the streets of Paris or London rather than modern day USA.

Sickest Concert Venue: Ocean Club at Marina Bay


With cabanas on white sand, multiple bars and a gorgeous view of the oceanfront, Ocean Club was hands down the coolest concert venue I have ever been to. While we were too busy dancing the night away to get any pictures of Benny Benassi's set, this shot from the James Coletta show (via the Ocean Club website) pretty much captures the atmosphere and energy pulsing through the club the night we were there.

For a Bit of Fresh Air: Boston Parks - Boston Common and Public Gardens

 


Apparently I'm a bit of a nature freak when it comes to travelling because both of my Travel Top 5's so far have included the parks. It's a great way to get out and walk around while taking in the sights of a major city. After a wonderful driving tour from Dorchester's finest, we decided to get out and stretch our legs with a walk through Boston Common and the Public Gardens.

Shop 'til You Drop: Newbury Street


After our stroll through the gardens, we continued on to hit Newbury Street--AKA the shopping mecca of Boston with shops ranging from arts and antiques to high and low-end fashion for everyone to enjoy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment