10.24.2012

Halloween 2012 Costume Inspiration

In true Amanda Boleman fashion, I have saved figuring out my Halloween costume for the last minute. Of course I've been thinking about it--Halloween is one of my top 2 favorite holidays after all (close tie with Christmas!)--but I've just been so overwhelmed with other things to really hash out a good costume.

Luckily, my roommate is also a huge Halloween advocate and doesn't have homework or midterm papers stunting her costume creativity. After a bit of scrounging around in her closet, Candice pulled out both a fur and feather vest and the juices starting flowing. With her costume ideas set, she helped me come up with two looks to get in the spirit all weekend long. Who wouldn't want to emulate one of these lovely ladies?


 The first thing that came to mind when I saw Candice's high-collared black feather vest was cruel Queen Ravenna from Snow White and the Huntsman. What better way to release my darkness within than on All Hallows' Eve, channeling an evil queen who sucks the beauty and youth from those around her?

Queen Ravenna - Snow White & The Huntsman
get the look: patrizia pepe long evening dress / dolce & gabbana cape / topshop feather jacket / jeffrey campbell black booties / metal dagger / river island tassel earrings / mi lajki claw ring / laveder faye black feather shawl / lostapostle bronze raven pendant // 


Despite being a slutty hippie for several Halloweens, I figured the Penny Lane look would be enough to switch it up and take me out of my slag slump. After recently seeing Almost Famous for the first time in a while, I can see why people tell me I remind them of the care-free, groupie lovechild.

Penny Lane
get the look: h&m fur vest / house of fraser bustier top / alloy crochet top / ray ban metal sunglasses / jeffrey campbell wedge shoes / republic peace sign earrings / monkee genes slim fit jeans // 

Flashing me a long black wig, deep red nails and a hey-you-can-actually-still-wear-this-after-Halloween black leotard and chiffon skirt from American Apparel, Candice announced she was going to be Morticia from the Addams Family. All she needs is some spooky silver and black eyeshadow and cross jewelry to make the look complete.

Morticia Addams
get the look: bliss lau leather bracelet / torrid gemstone ring / illamasqua lip makeup / nars cosmetics silver eyeshadow / nars cosmetics black eyeshadow / nars cosmetics nail polish / john lewis paper roses / vampire girl long black wig //

No comments:

Post a Comment