5.15.2012

Dying to Go Destinations: Moscow & St. Petersburg


My flight over Moscow
Ever since I flew through the Sheremetyevo International Airport on my
way to Beijing, I have been absolutely fixated on going back to Russia.

The vibrant colors and interesting shapes of the European and Asian-influenced architecture is unlike anything I've ever seen before and I love
how the main churches stand out like pieces of pop art.

Although I'm not a huge cold weather fan (weird being from Minnesota...), 
the photos of Moscow & St. Petersburg covered in a fresh coat of snow are 
so gorgeous that I would consider battling the below 0 temperatures just to
get a glimpse of the beautiful winter wonderland.

Images via 12345
Frigid weather would also give me
an excuse to rock out a sexy Russian ushanka (literally translates to "ear hat") while ice skating in the heart of historic Moscow or strolling through snow-blanketed streets in St. Petersburg.

Regardless of the time of year, Russia's rich culture and dark history are intensely intriguing. Even simply being in the airport for the short hour and a half I was there, I felt a sense of mysterious magnitude coming from the Slavic-speakers around me.

And it is a mystery I definitely want to know more about...

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,

    This is such a beautiful post. So well-written and inspiring. Thank you so much for your kind comment.

    XO,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete