7.23.2012

Crazy Good Summer


If I've learned anything about the real world since graduation, it would be that you need to go out and ask for what you want. Figure out what your goals and ambitions are and make them known. People can't help you if they don't know what you want.

This is how I got to interview Boys Like Girls, Carly Rae Jepsen and Austin Mahone last Thursday at the Kellogg's Pop-Tarts' Crazy Good Summer concert event.


Since I had no idea I would be doing the interviews until after I got to work, I felt a little overwhelmed running around between an intern meeting and summer fashion photo shoot while also trying to get my other work done and prepare for the evening all at the same time.

But wow. As if I thought multi-tasking was difficult in the office... Filming, taking photos and interviewing the performers was a whole different ball game. Surprisingly though, the craziness of it all kept me from being super nervous and I was able to keep the interviews pretty conversational.


Especially after hanging out with Boys Like Girls and talking to the members I met way back in Melbourne. It's a small world after all.


About half-way through, Rissi was able to come out and help me with photos and filming and we had a great time jamming along with all the teeny-boppers in the crowd. We continued the fun after the show and met up with John and Morgan at the House of Blues and partied like rock stars (with rock stars!) until the wee hours of the morning.

Check out my full-length interview with Carly here.
For more behind-the-scenes footage, click here or take a peek at the RedEye photo gallery of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment