9.06.2012

IFBCON 2012: Day One


From the moment my nude, round-toed pumps stepped out of the taxi and carefully made their way down the cobblestoned street of 82 Mercer, I could tell I was in for 2 jam-packed days of high-fashion and fierceness for the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference in New York City.  


Beautiful bloggers in all shapes, sizes, colors and crazy patterns came together to learn from industry leaders, experienced bloggers and one another in what was the best experience I've had in my blogging career thus far.

While build a balance doesn't solely focus on fashion, I've always loved clothes and scouring through fashion magazines and blogs so I decided to take the plunge and sign up!


Sponsors like Julep and bareMinerals made the day extra fun with stations for getting our nails done, touching up our makeup and creating DIY projects.


We also listened to panels on various blogging and fashion topics including, "The Future of Digital Fashion," and "The Business of Blogging," with some of the industries' key players.


We even got to listen on as Coco Rocha interviewed the fabulous Derek Blasberg.

But I think my favorite part of the whole event was seeing all of the outrageously wonderful fashion!

My IFBCON Look: 

  

             {Akira Dress; Aldo Pumps & Purse}                                                                         {Twinsies reppin' Twin Cities}

After discovering Essie's Penny Talk while visiting Jacqueline in Boston, I was so excited to see how well it looked with the copper of my collar and made sure to swipe a bit of copper shadow across my lids to bring the look together. 

While she was speaking on the "How to Make Friends and Win Readers" panel, I noticed that Kate Arends of Wit + Delight also had the same fabulous fashion choice as me and rather than getting upset, I had to embrace my twin who just so happens to blog in a wonderful city near and dear to my heart -- MPLS represent! 

You should also take a look at these fresh fashionistas (and new friends!)...

  

From left to right: Niani of the fierce fantasy  // Aminta of clothes & fashion // Tracy of the right shoes

3 comments:

  1. You were so chic! Thank you for featuring me and it was so nice meeting you! I hope we keep in touch, tweet me?? ;) @FierceFantasy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda! I swear you're not going to believe this! I was JUST finishing your pictures (not that you need any retouching, but my lightning was a bit off!) when I saw the comment you left me on the blog. Thank you sooooo much for featuring me here in my silly pose! :P I hope to have my own post ready by tomorrow and I'll be sure to send you a link! In the meantime I'll share this one in my FB page! Big kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops! Forgot to add the link! https://www.facebook.com/clothesandfashionblog

    ReplyDelete